IndexGuy

IndexGuy Text Links Management System

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

XsitePro - I've bitten the bullet and bought!

Well I've worked out my finances and decided that I shouldn't be without this XSitePro, being a frontpage girl meant I could already do everything I wanted to do but reading over the forum for the past 24 hours, there are a LOT of frontpage converts there and that was what really sold me.. if they really feel it is more powerful and useful than frontpage for internet marketing, then I really need to take a look at it. I also scoured through the forum to make sure that
1. I could have snippets of code that I could place on whichever pages I want, and be able to modify it whenever I want.
2. That I could insert RSS feeds (yes, but I have to use a plugin.. which I'm ok with)
3. That I could use my existing images for the templates (yes.. but I'm still not sure how.. guess I'll find out when I'm finished downloading it)
4. That I could still access and modify the html code since I'm not a newbie and like to mess with code (the program is written where the newbie doesn't need to access code, but I was afraid that meant you couldn't get into it at all, but thankfully you can).
5. That I had complete control over my google adsense looks (since that's one thing that I've been playing with earlier that has made the most dramatic change to my clickthrus)
6. Biggest feature for me.. is the ability to add a list of top-paying-keywords to a box, and it will automatically create and link the pages - all I have to do is add the content to the pages.. but what it means is, any site that I choose can be completely optimized for the higher clickthru rate.. and I know I can do a better job than most about creating legit content for the keywords, something that people will find useful instead of useless.

Most of the XSitePro's websites look very similar, that was really concerning for me.. but then I found a couple in the forum that had managed to break free from the default look, and was impressed. Because if I know it can be done.. I can do it..

Ok.. enough.. now I wanna give it a go.. see how many pages I can finish by the end of the day :)


Update 30/05/2006
It's features outweigh its faults.. where I think it's lacking is in alt-url's for their inbuilt adsense (but I have a workaround using includes), and sometimes it drives me crazy with their tables cos I'm real fussy on how i use my tables (but my workaround is using frontpage to create my fussy tables and pasting it directly into xsitepro).

I bought XSitePro on May 10th, and it's May 30th.. these are the sites I've created since May 10th:

Car Insurance USA, UK, Canada, Australia
Bali Secrets
Find How-To Guides Online
How to Train Your Cat

Update 15th Feb 2007:
Public Speaking
eBook Store

No comments: