IndexGuy

IndexGuy Text Links Management System

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

CMS or Frontpage or XSitePro?

Ok.. I'm a frontpage girl.. I always have been, but now that I have a host that supports PHP and all the other cool stuff, I've been playing around with various CMS's online (I've tried Joomla, Mambo, e107, Wordpress, Xoops) (see my Joomla blog). But no matter how much I try to work with them, I tend to think that frontpage has been my best option all along, at least a faster option - I can create thousands of pages a day with frontpage but only one at a time with a CMS and it's driving me batty accessing everything remotely on the server because it takes time to edit/save/view/change, blah! CMS's are totally burning me out. I'm sick of having to learn new things and each are different and it's doing my head in, I'm stressed out just typing about it now!

One CMS that I did find really fast and easy to use is the free CommonSense CMS. It's clickbank, google adsense, and yahoo ad friendly. And my new site how-to.com.au is almost done thanks to it. In 3 days, that site has more than 25,000 articles online and every single clickbank advertiser as well as google adsense on every article page. It also created a sitemap.xml for posting to google sitemaps and I really couldn't be more pleased with it, and the price tag being free is always a bonus, and the support forum is brilliant compared to every other cms I've used because they don't expect you to be a nerd and can help you with newbie questions (I felt like I was worthless in the Joomla forum!).

But I do have an issue with that CMS too, and if you take a quick look at the article database in it, you might see why. The font, the style of the page, the delay while you wait for that page to open, it's just not attractive enough for what I want. Works well for a content adsense site but I want to look like quality for my quality content. (It only took a few hours to import 25,000 articles into the database- once I got someone to help me put my existing articles into the right SQL columns.. me & SQL = clueless).

I'm trying to find something that is much quicker to get my content online. I have a mission - not to go back to working for someone else, but my money has run dry except what I make from adsense/affiliates on my sites and it certainly isn't enough to live off yet. There's so much work to do and I need 10 of me to be able to do it quickly.

I stumbled upon a site today that looks promising but I'm so broke that I'm hesitant to just purchase it straight away (but no doubt as soon as I finish writing this post, I'll probably fork out for it.. I have no self-control).

I don't know why I haven't seen this product before, I've been reading the reviews all over the net today, it seems everyone has known about this except me!

It's called XSitePro and it's a web-builder alternative to using Frontpage and Dreamweaver, software that was made for internet marketers. I won't go into the details because apparantly the world already knows but if you want an overview:

You can click here to view the"7 Reasons Why You Need XSitePro" video. That video has got me real tempted. I'll keep you updated if I take the plunge and buy it, cos I have a couple of new domains that I want to get up and running quickly and I tell ya, this software looks like the ticket that will get done. It looks similar to frontpage but with better features for internet marketers. I just need to make sure I can still edit the html with my own stuff, and I'm sold...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Post. Sounded like something I would write.

I'm a wannabe Internet Marketer and I'm beating myself up over which CMS to use.

Glad to know I'm not alone.